Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Novelty Gift Baskets

When it comes to Christmas, birthday, or wedding presents, people will hunt for gifts either online or offline. I always like the idea of giving someone an item that the person would not expect. Well, buying a present for special occasions is more like an obligation regardless of the size because everyone expects you do it. It can lighten up their day if they receive something unique and special. I prefer novelty gift baskets and they have proven to be a great surprise for many of my friends.

I sent the first gift basket to my girlfriend when both of us were living far apart. The basket was not expensive. It was just filled with lovely flowers and a gift card. But she was excited to received it from me when she returned to her home after work. Although it was not something elegant, but it was enough to keep her happy.

When I looked back, I thought that gift basket can brighten up people's life. This is one of the best gift ideas I ever had.

A month later, I was shopping in a local mall and I saw an old comic book that my friend used to have. He lost it since he was a kid. That particular comic was his favorite. So, I bought it and with some creativity, I make my own gift basket. To add some originality or novelty, I wrote a personal note and included a bottle of wine and a box of gourmet chocolate. This will make your gift more personalized. When the basket was delivered to him, he was extremely happy.

As you can see, novelty gift baskets can go a long way for any occasion. You don't have to wait for the festive seasons. If you feel the moment is right, then just order and deliver. Whoever receives would be overjoyed because it is unexpected for them to receive presents at that time. It is an unique idea of gifting, don't you agree?

No comments: