Sunday, April 20, 2008

Unique Gift Idea For Your Loved Ones

When it comes to the celebration of Christmas, baby shower, or birthday, I always have headache with what to shop for my loved ones. I am not implying that I don't like to give presents but it is kind of hard of getting the right one for them. Creativity is not inherent in my soul when it comes to unique gift idea. For any occasion, I usually buy the same and common items such as perfumes, colognes, and ties. A few months ago, I bought a garden water fountain and some charitable donation gift certificates for my dad to celebrate his retirement and I'm not sure if he likes them.

I know that many people will find these presents boring when they are receiving or giving them away. Of late, I check with my friends for some unusual gift ideas that will brighten the special events. Well, they have given many gifts to bridesmaids. Some of my best friends are married and they bought interesting groom to bride gifts. I think their presents are the most unique. So they have given me some great ideas and I will use them as a guide when I shop for gifts in the future even my for my pregnant mom. I'm just kidding.

Let's talk about some interesting ideas. You can add what I call as an experiential element into your gift. Things like beauty makeover, bungie jumping or ballroom dancing will create new experiences which your loved ones have not tasted. For men, I suggest that you let him drive a Ferrari or a Posche for couple of hours. What about a nice Swedish massage for women?

When I look these thousand of unique ideas, I bet they are much better that what you have given in the past. However, you have to prepare to spend money for this kind of gift. To tell you the truth, I prefer something inexpensive and fun but not too cheap. Maybe $60 or less.

The next I do since my friends' trendy ideas doesn't fit my wallet, I try to find some ideas online. After spending couple of hours searching hopelessly, I manage to find some special gift ideas that I can afford. Some of the cool gadgets such as WIFI hotspot scanner and wireless phone charger are great for presents. I also find some homemade Christmas tutorials on personalized gifts such as photo scrapbook. Another great discovery is that a directory which offers places to buy authentic movie memorabilia.

During my online search, I check some of the gift blogs that provide free valuable tips on gift-giving occasions. These advices are not limited to unique gifts only but they show you how to find the right gift for the recipient.

I find that these online experiences serve as my education which can perfect the art of gifting. Now that I am fully equipped with these information, I can use them for unique gift idea for any occasion. No more same old presents again in my shopping list for wedding, anniversary, and special holiday like Valentine's Day. My mom, my dad and my children will be in for surprise next year. If you are single, you can still find some gift ideas for your boyfriend or girlfriend. So, the next thing I will search for is a basket to wrap my gift.

No comments: